Clock on home page

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Clock on home page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Edoardo
    Edoardo
    Participant

It would be great to have a clock setup on the SQ and to have that on the home page (where the power off button is located). It would be very useful for long corporate days where you might be waiting for some time

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Edoardo

I’m afraid the SQ does not have a hardware Real Time Clock, so it cannot ‘know’ the time in order to display it:

Clock

Date & Time

Tracktitle in the right upper corner/ or a clock

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Keith, have you and the devs discussed either of @anaesthetised or @scott suggestions from the “Clock” thread?

Adding an NTP client would be icing on the cake for all the SQs which are already network connected

I understand there is no RTC hardware, but surely on boot or initial sync/connection to a computer, iPad, device running mixpad or TCP/Midi control, heck even the dante or waves network, or lastly NTP from the internet or at least the local router would be amazing and should theoretically be possible. The dev time might not be worth it, I do understand the economics of a decision like this.

Failing that – take a cue from my old Korg synthesiser (which also doesn’t have any real-time clock). In the utilities menu you can enter in a date/time that’s only used for saving files; it even remembers the last entry for next time. While it’s a pain to update it every time I save, it certainly helps with organising files later.

Just the ability to set a constant date [created/modified date (file metadata)] for the file recording & showfile/scene would be marvelous. Even if we did not have RTC.

Still – if you offered a compatible RTC device that could be used to set time via the USB port or installed internally. I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for listening A&H/Keith, you are a pleasure to work with.
    I love installing your consoles!

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

+1

I could also imagine that a clock would be nice, even if it had to be setup on every boot.

Lets say, the home screen has an “empty” clock widget like:

–:–:–
    ….-..-..

You tap on it and can enter time and date with an onscreen keyboard and then have a valid clock until shutdown… No RTC needed…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.