Choose Pro Tools Channel Faders To Control

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Choose Pro Tools Channel Faders To Control

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lifepoint Production Lifepoint Production 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have my SQ5 hooked up to Pro Tools with DAW Control and it works seamlessly. The only thing I haven’t been able to nail down is if I can control the faders I choose. There are more than 32 channels in my Pro Tools Session and I would like to be able to bank through them to be able to control them all on fader at different points. Any help here would be appreciated!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you should assign softkeys for bank up and down
    then you can scroll thru your channels in steps of 8 or 16 I think

I can’t seem to find the command to that. I don’t know what program change or midi note to assign to the softkey and can’t seem to locate that info. Any thoughts?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Andy,

In the SoftKey setup there is an option for ‘DAW Control’ with sub-options for ‘Bank Up’ and ‘Bank Down’ that will work with the DAW Control Driver with no extra setup required.
    There are also options here for ‘MMC’ (MIDI Machine Control), which allow you to assign to SoftKeys the same transport controls that are available in the ‘Utility>General>MIDI’ screen.

Hope this helps 🙂
    Keith.

Awesome! That helps tremendously. I have no idea how I missed that…too busy looking in the Midi tab of the soft key setup:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.