Channel muting without monitor (Mix1-Mix10) muting

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Channel muting without monitor (Mix1-Mix10) muting

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AZRockerAZRocker
    Participant

I have created soft keys and mute groups to allow for quick muting of multiple channels. But this also mutes the monitor outputs (Mix 1-10). Is there a setting that only mutes the FOH, but leaves the monitors (Mix 1-10) unmuted?

I don’t want to mute all FOH as I wish to continue to play MP3 music through ST3. In other words, I want to be able to mute specific FOH channels (primarily leaving ST3 unmuted and leave all the Mix 1-10 outputs unmuted for the channels. This way we can hear ourselves in our In-Ears, without sending the band mix to the FOH, but still be able to play MP3s through FOH.

Profile photo of SQuserSQuser
    Participant

> Is there a setting that only mutes the FOH, but leaves the monitors (Mix 1-10) unmuted?
    No, that is not possible.

> I don’t want to mute all FOH as I wish to continue to play MP3 music through ST3.
    Then ST3 simply must not be part of the mute group.

> In other words, I want to be able to mute specific FOH channels (primarily leaving ST3 unmuted and leave all the Mix 1-10 outputs unmuted for the channels.
    In your case, you would have to use the Assign to LR buttons instead of the Mute buttons.
    You can then switch these off and only LR will be “mute”.
    Check whether you can create 2 scenes: one normal and one with the unassigned channels.
    In addition, you could take a look at the great app “Mixing Station” by David Schuman.
    There you can create a layout in which the “LR ON” buttons are included instead of or in addition to the Mute buttons in the channel strip.

Profile photo of AZRockerAZRocker
    Participant

Sounds like the “Assign to LR buttons” might be the way to go. I am not sure how this works or how to set up. Can you give me a bit more detail on this or point me to a video/overview to get me started?

Participant

On page 38 of your manual you can see, among other things, the graphic of the Mix Sends screen.
    In this example, channel 16 is assigned to all 10 mixes and LR.
    If you want to “mute” this channel in LR, deactivate the highlighted ON button (see pic).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Perhaps in addition, how you can quickly unassign all the desired channels from LR:
    If you are in your LR mix and hold down the Assign button on the left, all the green Sel buttons light up.
    Press all the Sel buttons that you want to unassign (“mute”) from LR.
    See also picture.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.