Cascading I/O and Consoles

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Cascading I/O and Consoles

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Hey Folks,

Working on a proposal for an overhaul for my church. To do what we want, with the flexibility, it seems that the SQ stuff is a no brainer. I am running into a snag in my brain though, so wanted to make sure with the community that this wouldn’t be a problem (see attached).

Basically, I want to cascade an AB168 to a AR2416 to the house console. Add a SLink card to the house console and then connect that to a streaming console in a separate room. Where it gets a little extra is, depending on if I can convince the powers that be that relocating the house console out of the balcony to the middle back-ish of the main congregations (120′ long room), then I might need to use the streaming console’s inputs for 6 channels to go BACK to the house.

Any issues with that plan? Appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Geoff
    Geoff
    Participant

You’ve got up to 128 channels in both directions between SLink ports, so it sounds like it will work.

What are the extra inputs from? Video playback, etc.?

Geoff

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Geoff.

Yeah we are running pro presenter from the streaming room that feeds the house too, whenever there are videos or tracks. We also have choir mics, a grand with a boundary mic and a wired solo mic in the balcony, which is near the streaming room. Closer than a relocated house console would be anyway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.