Can't patch inputs from AR2412 as shown in manual

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Can't patch inputs from AR2412 as shown in manual

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LesWilson
    LesWilson
    Participant

Finally received the AR2412. I want to patch channel 17 to the first jack on the AR2412. With the default I/O Patch, the SETUP-> I/O PATCH screen shows the first channel as “Main 1”. However, on PREAMP-> FN screen selecting DSNAKE for channel 17 changes to yellow and “Main 17”. I do not want that. The manual shows being able to patch it to “Main 1”, And this post from @KeithJ A&H led me to believe I could patch any AR2412 input to any QU32 channel.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of LesWilson
    LesWilson
    Participant

Ahhhh I figured it out. Took a while. I read page 29 of the manual 3 times and sorted it out. The “CHx” labels on the “dSnake In” tab refer to the QU channel numbers. The “Main x” labels inside the buttons of the “dSnake In” tab refer to the AR2412 socket number.

So you go to the dNsnake patch tab and pick the QU channel. It’s backwards to what I was thinking but wished the manual had been a little bit better on that.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Haha, sounds familiar. I always struggle with that myself…

Although usually I use the simplest “one to one” config. This makes it much easier for band members who are helping to plug everything in. I then move channel strips around on my custom layers.

Giga

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.