Can someone give me advice on setting up a live sound system for a small venue?

Forums Forums Other A&H products Can someone give me advice on setting up a live sound system for a small venue?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rich
    rich
    Participant

Hello there,

I am new to live sound engineering and I am looking for some advice on setting up a live sound system for a small venue. The venue can accommodate around 100 people and will host various events such as live music performances, speeches, and small conferences.

I am currently considering the Allen & Heath range of mixers and speakers for the setup. Specifically; I am interested in the Qu series mixers and the ZED series mixers. I would like to know which mixer would be more suitable for my needs and what kind of speakers would complement the mixer for this venue size.

Additionally; I am also looking for recommendations on microphones, amplifiers, and any other accessories that would be essential for this setup. I want to ensure that the sound quality is clear and balanced for all types of events.

Also, I have gone through this; https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/power/2013-10-08-211643 which definitely helped me out a lot.

If anyone has experience setting up live sound systems for small venues or has used Allen & Heath products in similar settings, I would greatly appreciate any advice or tips you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

So much of this answer will be “it depends” based on your facility, situation, and budget. Honestly I would try to find some local experts to help answer these questions as they will be able to see the room. Possible candidates are local integrators, sound companies, or even audio staff/engineers from local churches that are known for having good sound.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Like Brian said bring in a couple “qualified” people to look over the space and come up with a design.

Your comment about all types of events leads me to the question of what kind of events are you looking at using the room for?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.