Bluetooth transmitter QU-16 output to wireless headphones

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Bluetooth transmitter QU-16 output to wireless headphones

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SEADOG
    SEADOG
    Participant

Does anyone use the QU-16 stereo headphones 1/4″ output jack to connect to wireless bluetooth headphones? I’m looking for optimal bluetooth transmitter (stereo) to connect to my Bose 35-II headphones. Distance would be about 25′ from QU-16 mixer and looking for highest quality stereo signal to Bose headset. Thanks!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Nope. I use regular headphones.
    I have an extension cable that I could use if I needed to be farther away like from my stereo at home.

But working live sound in RT I need to be closer so the regular attached cable works fine.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I have tried this, admittedly only with an old, low cost device that I had already. However, I found BlueTooth’s latency to be too great to be useful for any kind of live monitoring.

I think I read that newer Bluetooth devices (is there a new standard?) have improved a little, but live audio is still not what it’s designed for. You may need to use a radio device such as a wireless IEM system, to get low enough latency.

Profile photo of SEADOG
    SEADOG
    Participant

Yeah… that’s what I’ve found to be best way too. It’s just that I have so many wires that it gets annoying. However, cannot beat the wired-in sound on my headset. Thx

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

When I know I’m going to need a lot of PFL action I’ll set up an IEM system.

I’m use a QU Pac so I am always on an iPad and wireless.

Another thing I do and actually have it wired into the rack with the Qu Pac is use a wireless headset mic system for hands free talk back to the stage during sound check.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.