Bigger DX I/O box?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Bigger DX I/O box?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sutto
    Sutto
    Participant

Hi,probably been asked many times, is there any chance of a new medium size DX I/O box. Sometimes the DX168 is a bit to small and the GX4816 is too big. I know you can cascade 2 x DX168 together, the size and expense is prohibitive.
    A DX2412 would be a very useful size for club bands. I realise there is already the AR2412 48KHz box, trying to keep 96KHz the whole way in the SQ.
    thanks

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I have a 24/8 with my DX12.
    Hugh

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The DX32 would be a possible alternative. But it’s expensive. And it has no cascade mode.

Profile photo of Sutto
    Sutto
    Participant

Thanks for the comments guys, I do already use a GX4816 for larger shows, I was really hoping A&H may have a DX box in the works.

BTW Hugh, which 24/8 do you mean?

thanks

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I have a DX32 (8 Prime pres & 8 Prime outs with 16 D-Live M-AINs) not a DX12. Blooming Typo I was in a hurry!
    Hugh

Profile photo of Sutto
    Sutto
    Participant

Thanks Hugh, very nice, I thought you meant the DX32. Cheaper to buy another GX4816, and then some!
    Greg

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

You are absolutely correct, A&H apparently is going to maintain tight control over their world class Prime I/Os: thus the $500.+ per channel investment required to deploy Primes via the Digico designed 4K DX32 housing will not be a viable option for most people. We must remember that A&H is the entry level entity in the Digico, Calred, A&H conglomerate: Digico sits at the head of the table and they certainly will protect the elite status they have historically enjoyed. It is clear to me the detailed transparency that primes deliver will be only for those applications that are capable of benefiting from that level of clarity: this pragmatical reality will exclude most commercial music produced in the world today from using Prime I/Os!
    Hugh

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Opps, another typo: should be Calrec, not Calred. The good news is I do not type documents for a living!
    Hugh

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.