Aviom A-16ii integrated with ME-U system.

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Aviom A-16ii integrated with ME-U system.

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Eeferjoe Eeferjoe 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eeferjoe
    Eeferjoe
    Participant

Hello all, apologies if this is a silly question or already been discussed.
    We have a bunch of Aviom A-16ii units laying around and i would like to know if I can use those with our current ME-U or M-500 system? I’m needing three more mixers for interpreters and before buying 3 ME-500’s and 100′ of cable, I thought to ask and if there’s a solution first before dropping 1800$. Thank you!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

It depends on what is feeding the ME-U. If the source is an Aviom A16 stream, then the ME-U and ME-500 are operating in Aviom mode and you will be able to use your A-16ii units. If the source is Dante/MADI/Waves, or a Qu/SQ/Avantis/dLive mixer, then the ME-U and ME-500 are operating in dSNAKE mode and will not be compatible with Aviom mixers.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi
    The ME-U can accept an Aviom A-16ii stream as an input to the ME-D card, but the 10 output ports can only transmit a ME stream. This is mostly because the same exact audio packets are broadcast from all of the ports.
    I think the only ways to output an Aviom-compatible stream from A&H gear are either an AR2412 ‘Monitors’ port in Aviom mode, or an old iDR-Live Multi-out/MMO card.
    Probably not the answer you wanted, sorry!
    – Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Eeferjoe
    Eeferjoe
    Participant

Thank you both, the ME-U is being fed by a Dante network from an SQ-7. I’m okay with just getting some new ME-500s but just wanted to confirm that the Avioms couldn’t be used with our current network. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.