Avantis comparison to Yamaha when powering down

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Avantis comparison to Yamaha when powering down

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I work at a place that has multiple venues, both indoor and outdoor, and they have made a good investment in SQ consoles that are used all over the complex. One of the venues has a Yamaha Rivage PM10 at FOH. While they like the console it isn’t compatible with any of the A&H gear they own. So a discussion has started about changing the console to either a dLive system or an Avantis. I’m not sure they need more than the 64 inputs the Avantis can do. One question did come up. When powered down and forgetting to turn off amplifiers, the Yamaha does not cause a pop in any of the outputs. I do know that the SQ does cause pops when doing this, but how silent is the Avantis and/or dLive when doing this? Any pops through speakers on either of these consoles?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Avantis and dLive S Class have relay protection on the outputs and if correctly shut down, the outputs will be muted when powering off. dLive C Class racks and surfaces do not have relay protection so will cause pops when powering off.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Thanks Nicola. That’s exactly the information I need.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I use both the dlive and Avantis on a regular basis and if the needs can be met, I will always choose the Avantis. I do love the dlive, but Avantis just flows better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.