ar84 Not Powering Up

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting ar84 Not Powering Up

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dacookster dacookster 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dacookster
    dacookster
    Participant

Hi. Weird thing. Had a show Friday night, everything worked well. Next day, nothing. Wouldn’t power up. Tried different power cables, still nothing. Suggestions?

Also, I’ve got no idea who’s authorized A&H repair. There’s nothing close to me here in Iowa. Chicago is the closest big city, only 3 1/2 hours away.

Oh, and help! I’ve got an event this friday that’s going to need about 28 inputs. (have a 2412 already.)

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

If you’ve got a 2412, the surface itself has 4x preamps. Maybe get hold of a multi core to run alongside your cat5 if you need those inputs on stage, but a 2412 + console will get you your 28 inputs.

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I’m not sure where you are located in Iowa, but Full Compass in Madison, WI has a certified service department for A&H. They may even have a loaner. Sorry that I have no help with the actual problem.

Profile photo of DanS
    DanS
    Participant

There is a fuse on the rear of the unit next to the power input, could that have blown?

dacookster
    Participant

Thanks for the great info, friends! I’m going to race down to the shop to check the fuse, we never looked that hard on Saturday. Of course, there was a mess of cabling behind the rack and could just get my head and a arm behind it all.

Thanks for the heads up on Full Compass, I’ll contact them today.

The 168 is on my short list, I’ve switched to powered wedges for some clients and would love to have the 168 to place on stage to feed the wedges easily and quickly.

Will report back with findings!

dacookster
    Participant

Fuse blown! Could be good news.

Where’s a spot to get a replacement? Radio Shack? Or?

Profile photo of DanS
    DanS
    Participant

Farnell or Newark, as you are in the US, will probably sell them. They shouldn’t be too difficult to get hold of, I have no idea about any local US electronics shops though!

dacookster
    Participant

A little ‘radio’ store about a half hour from me had a 5 pack. Put the new fuse in, and voila! IT worked!

There’s still the question of what blew the fuse, something I may never know. I was worried it would blow again, but through a few power cycles it held true.

Thanks for the help, friends! So far, this story has a happy ending.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.