Anyone have luck with QU-32 (or 16) and Tracks Live?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Anyone have luck with QU-32 (or 16) and Tracks Live?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of brendanprout brendanprout 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

The free recording app from Waves? I can get the application to see the QU-32, but can’t seem to get any audio to show up on any tracks.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

is that for Mac?
    can you give me the link?
    I couldn’t find that

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Tracks live for Mac and PC.
    Quickly tested with a Qu32, seems to run nicely but consumes more CPU power than, for example, Reaper (USD 60 for personal use).
    There’s a nice limited time offer to obtain free MultiRack (VST Host) for USD 99 registration for someone with a decent PC/Mac and the feel to need VST plugins live…
    To see more than a flat line in the preview window you’ll need to setup proper input gain on the Qu.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Well as you know I’m a Reaper guy but I’ll have a look at Waves.

In fact I’ve just nailed the automation in Reaper.
    Its taken a while but really really good!

Thanks for the quick links.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

This is an answer to a similar question concerning the Qu16 and Tracks Live in the Reviews section of the Tracks Live software on the Waves site –
    “Hi Keith, Core Audio (Mac) is supported via USB B on the console. However, if you want to connect this console to a PC, you will need the additional ASIO Driver installer from the A&H QU Software Page.”

Also, check out the Tracks Live System Requirements –

System Requirements

Mac OS

CPU
    i5 or higher

RAM
    8 GB

Operating System
    10.9.5 or higher

Screen Resolution
    1024×768

ASIO/ Core Audio compatible audio interface

Windows

CPU
    Intel i5 or higher

RAM
    8 GB

Operating System
    Windows 7 64 bit / Windows 8.1 64 bit

Screen Resolution
    1024×768

ASIO/ Core Audio compatible audio interface

This might point you in the right direction.

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

I can get the Tracks live application on my MacBook Air to recognize the QU-32, so that part is good.
    What I can’t do (yet) is get audio from the board to show up in the app.
    Might be user error, I will work on it this weekend.

Profile photo of Studiodawg
    Studiodawg
    Participant

Hi Rob, I had a similar situation where Reaper didn’t show audio. I solved it by using Reaper’s routing. Maybe this is your issue too?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Regarding configuration Tracks is much more straightforward compared to Reaper. Just select the proper input device (sort of Audio Preferences dialog), where you also setup channels active (all by default). After confirming the device selection and arming all tracks (they’re already there after configuring the device) you instantly can press record.
    This tool is intended for multitrack live recording, and that’s what it does nicely. No need to configure things like adding tracks, assigning to the proper input channels etc.
    Regarding system requirements it does run nicely on my old Notebook with a Core2Duo and Win7 (required for the Qu Driver!).

Profile photo of Sean Jeremiah
    Sean Jeremiah
    Participant

I’ve recently had the QuDrive fail on me. For some reason, my faithful Transcend USB key gave up the ghost halfway through a session and I couldn’t find a flash drive that would work with the Qu24.

I came across Waves Tracks Live. I was able to configure the mixer and the software in a breeze. Everything has been working fine since.

I’ve not tried recording with Reaper or other DAWs but for the sole purpose of recording, now using Tracks Live seems like a no-brainer.

Profile photo of brendanprout
    brendanprout
    Participant

I’ve been using Trackslive with the Qu-24 successfully to record. I cannot get it to play back on the Qu-24, however.

For recording, I have to make sure EVERY TIME that I launch Trackslive, that I go to preferences in the program and select the audio source to be the Qu-24, because it defaults to something else.

As long as you do that, then you can select the tracks and it records just fine.

Using a 2012 Macbook Pro, OS 10.12, 16GB ram. I use an external hard drive to record to.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.