Analyzer on Parametric EQ

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Analyzer on Parametric EQ

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nasguile
    Nasguile
    Participant

Hi all,
    Spectrum analyser on PEQ would be a really good gift 😉

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I’ve recently had an opportunity to use a Behringer X32, and I have to say that I really agree.

I’d gladly sacrifice an FX unit or two for the DSP required for something like:

It makes it really easy to dial the frequency across to “the bright red bit” and put a cut in 😉
    It was a fairly coarse FFT – but it’s perfectly good enough for the job needed.

Until that happens I’m looking to use the Oxford Research spectrum analyser on my iPad…
    https://www.oxfordwaveresearch.com/j2/products/spectrumview

The free version is probably enough for my needs – but I need to get it a decent signal. I’m wondering if the I can make the Alt-Out do the job, or prefereably the headphone output from my IEM transmitter, because the iPad is a bit wiggy about detecting inputs on the 3.5mm jack – it’s expecting a microphone, so it ignores devices of the wrong impedance.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I would love a full fledged RTA rather than what is there or in combination. The current model does help with finding feedback freqs if in question. Normally I can tune those pretty much by ear but helps to have verification.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

The maths is the same in either case, the SA just provides a little history as well…

But yes, the current rta is a bit broad…

Profile photo of alfaomega
    alfaomega
    Participant

I agree with [XAP]Bob, I have done the same to get the view of the frequencies displayed over the IPad with Alt-Out, but it is not working very well. I am trying to let this work with line 6 sonic port VX, because it has a line in for the Alt-Out.

However, it would be great and helpful to have something more visible.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Looks like 1.8 *nearly* does this – just need to have it overlaid now 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.