FX Insert Control

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions FX Insert Control

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John-S John-S 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rupertcr
    Rupertcr
    Participant

I am using the all of the FX as insert on various channels is there a way of controlling them using soft keys.
    What I would like to do is select them on/off as required using soft keys?
    Or be able to control the wet/dry control using soft keys?
    I find it quite hard to switch them on / off during a performance you have to select FX screen then select the particular FX you want to control then select the on/off or the wet/dry control whoops missed the cue.
    Has anyone found a better way of controlling FX. I tried using scenes but it does seen to work for FX?
    [;)]

Rupert

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

Could you use them on the FX Send/Return (like an aux) rather than an insert? This way you could have the mute command for either the send or receive on a softkey.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

I use a single DCA to control all my FX returns at once. In my application (church praise band) I want all the effects off between songs or while the pastor is speaking.

When the band is mid-song, it is nice to push the effects higher during lower level passages and lower when the whole band is pumping. Less effects makes more room in the mix during crescendos. Sort of like an ambience compressor. Being subtle is the key.

John Stefanick
    https://www.RentWirelessMicrophones.com

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Why the returns? Assigning the DCA to the sends means you don’t have to wait for reverbs to decay before muting the DCA. No more audio will go to the FX unit, but what is there will decay as intended.

Chris

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Chris,

Good point. It can be done your way too. I do not use my DCA as an on/off switch, I fade so it may not have occurred to me to do it that way.

Thank you for your suggestion.

John Stefanick
    https://www.RentWirelessMicrophones.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.