FX insert not filtered in scene recall

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions FX insert not filtered in scene recall

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of antonyja antonyja 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

Hi all

Applied the new 1.2 firmware yesterday which works well. Also started using the De-Esser which again looks to be a good addition.

However seeing something odd with scene recalls. We have two scenes that allow us to toggle IO between the Dante card, so DANTE-ON changes the patchbay to use Dante as input and disables output back to Dante, and Dante off flicks the patchbay back to the normal inputs and sets outputs to Dante. Both scenes have recall filters configured for everything apart from the patchbay (I mean, everything).

We then have a mono group for speech to which I applied FX rack 8 (running the de-esser) as an insert (configured via the back panel of the FX rack). This works fine.

However, then when recalling the Dante-on scene, the insert on the group goes back to “unassigned.”

Any ideas or is this a bug? It seems to me that the recall filter isn’t working properly

Profile photo of antonyja
    antonyja
    Participant

Hi George,

The patching of inserts, including the internal FX, is the responsibility of the Patchbay, and thus can only be made safe by safe-ing the Patchbay. This is, obviously, not an option for what you are doing, so you will need to add the insert to both of your Dante toggle scenes.

HTH,

Antony Jackson
    Software Manager
    Allen & Heath Limited

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.