Dual MixRack Slave Returns

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dual MixRack Slave Returns

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mturner mturner 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mturner
    mturner
    Participant

I thought had this working once but I am having issues with return patching with Dante in a dual mixrack configuration
    I have a T112 connected to Port A of an iDR64 MixRack (Master)
    Port B of the Master is an ACE card connected to Port A of an iDR16 (Slave)
    Port B of the slave is a Dante card
    I am using Logic Pro for record/playback

I have about 48 analog input sources, most on the Master but 8 or so on the Slave.
    I can route Input-Direct Out sources for each channel from the Master to the Slave over the Master Port B ACE port and then map those out to Dante channels in the Slave. Similarly I can route Input-Direct Out sources on the Slave to Dante output channels. My recordings are working very well on all channels. So, output routing is fine.

I have the recorded tracks in Logic Pro mapped to individual output channels on Dante. Using a channel strip on the slave iDR (say #65) I can select any Dante input channel and hear the associated track just fine. So, I can map Dante inputs to Slave channel strips and that works.

However, what I want to do is map the Dante tracks that came live from a Master MixRack channel strip (1-64) back to the same strip.

To do that, I went to output routing on the slave MicRack and mapped the ACE output channels 33-64 to the Dante input channels I want to use. I then went to a channel strip on the master mixrack (1-64) andI selected the Port B Ace input channel mapped on the slave. However, I get no signal back on the Master mixrack when I do that.

I also tried using the same return path idea over ACE using local inputs on the Slave mix rack. Again, no success. In short, it looks like passing a signal back to the master MixRack from the slave over ACE just isn’t working at all.

Am I missing something?

I am trying to set up a quick way to do a virtual soundcheck so I can train new operators (this is in a church and is all volunteer so training needs all the help it can get). I figure I could create a mirrored setup of strips on the slave mixrack channels but I was trying to avoid that,

Mark

Mark Turner
    T112/iDR64/iDR16/Dante
    MixPad, OneMix
    Mac Mini/Logic Pro 9

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Make sure you have your Redundancy settings right on the Master rack. Go to Mixer Preferences, Port A/B setup. You should use Redundancy Off (All Inputs on Link 1), provided you are running V1.9?

Hope this helps,

Nicola
    A&H

Profile photo of mturner
    mturner
    Participant

Thanks Nicola.

I will give that a try tonight.

Yes, I’m fairly certain we are running V1.91. The system was just commissioned on May 14.

Mark Turner
    T112/iDR64/iDR16/Dante
    MixPad, OneMix
    Mac Mini/Logic Pro 9

Profile photo of mturner
    mturner
    Participant

That fixed it. I should have thought to look there.

Thanks again Nicola!

Mark Turner
    T112/iDR64/iDR16/Dante
    MixPad, OneMix
    Mac Mini/Logic Pro 9

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.