QU-16 New Digital mixer – BROCHURE!

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions QU-16 New Digital mixer – BROCHURE!

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of frozenwaffles frozenwaffles 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?filename=DocumentMaster/Qu-16/Qu-16%20Brochure%20AP9191%20Web.pdf

Now start drooling!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of Musikhof
    Musikhof
    Participant

GLD Stagebox is compatible … great … how bout the iLive Box ?

IDR48 & T112, iPad, Belkin Wireless, Dante, Lenovo i5, Samplitude ProX

Musikhof
    Participant

if you connect a 24 channel stagebox from GLD …got 24 channel mix ? or remain on 16 ?? Saw there are 3 Layers … 17-24 on custom base ?

Profile photo of andreher
    andreher
    Participant

Right, Musikhof : not for ILive !
    Kein Glück mein freund … und ich auch nicht !

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

The brochure says that the stereo ins are also able to patch to dSnake, so you have a 22/12 system, local or remote.

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Specs say 1-16, ST 1-3 for dsnake so may be two unused inputs on the stagebox. Mix 1-10, L/R on the outputs.
    Sounds like the custom layer is just selectable from the two layers.

quote:

Originally posted by Musikhof

if you connect a 24 channel stagebox from GLD …got 24 channel mix ? or remain on 16 ?? Saw there are 3 Layers … 17-24 on custom base ?

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by andreher

How nice would it be to be able to buy a software extension for it to be able to function as a iLive controller…

Wouter
    IDR32, R72, Dante, Mixpad
    laptop, TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by woutert

quote:

Originally posted by andreher

How nice would it be to be able to buy a software extension for it to be able to function as a iLive controller…

Wouter

I could not agree more heartily Woutert!

IDR32
    Dante card
    Macbook pro 17
    Ipad2 + mixpad
    Aiport express

Musikhof
    Participant

Somebody checked out the Qu-App ? Is it free or on sale ? Sold my iPad … still no support for Android Tabs :-(

Musikhof
    Participant

22 Channels should be enough for anything in small venues…. cool … sad to have no connection possibility to ilive … no card slot for ACE or any other. Wish we could have the USB-Recording function in next iLive OS :-) … other way around, having iLive FX in Qu and GLD does work – so why not having these nice features in top console ??? Maybe they can build a “Bridge-Controller” from d-snake to ACE .. THIS would be a perfect tool for cross-selling all AH consoles for any given use.

…just dreaming ahead… :-)

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

I understand where some of ya are coming from with the ‘wouldn’t it be great if it was just a cheaper ilive with ace and card slots’ but let’s be real, the fact it has a dSnake port is even amazing. The add-in cards for iLive and GLD cost more than half the price of the Qu-16, and the most basic mixrack costs 2.5x the console….

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College
    https://dimmercheck.blogspot.com

Profile photo of woutert
    woutert
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by tk2k

…The add-in cards for iLive and GLD cost more than half the price of the Qu-16, and the most basic mixrack costs 2.5x the console….

Who is talking about add-in cards? There’s a network port, that and software is what it takes… OK, no local audio in that case, but I surely wouldn’t mind.
    I even didn’t even say that the software has to be free… :)

Mixracks are indeed more expensive than a QU-16. Seems only logical. What’s your point?

Wouter

Profile photo of andreher
    andreher
    Participant

Yes Wouter. IDR <> GLD incompatibility is not very “fair”. I have buy a IDR-48 WITHOUT desk for only ONE application with Laptop + Editor (about 50 performances / year). A very little Desk with a few I/O channels would be fine.
    I also use Yamaha (LS9, MC7) for other applications.
    I was on Wednesday in Frankfurt (Musikmesse) : in the category / price of the QU-16 is the Behringer X32 a better choice for little jobs. I’ve pre-ordered the X32PRODUCER version.
    It’s a pity for … A&H.

Profile photo of jgrooms
    jgrooms
    Participant

I am having trouble even understanding the iLive’s place in the A&H product lineup these days. With all the new boards coming out why would I spend more money on an iLive for 90% of the same features for less money with GLD and now this new mixer? Hell, you can even get into the Midas game (PRO 1) for 10k (it costs 7k just for an R72!). And it seems the hardware is compatible with all the new boards/racks and not iLive. If A&H thinks I’m going to continue to pay a premium just for the iLive name, they are sorely mistaken.

I’m not getting it.

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jgrooms

I am having trouble even understanding the iLive’s place in the A&H product lineup these days.

With zero inside knowledge of A&H, I would bet pretty hard they’re well aware of this

iDR-48, T-112, Mixpad
    College
    https://dimmercheck.blogspot.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.