Aviom and ME coexisting

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Aviom and ME coexisting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of caseymglass
    caseymglass
    Participant

Can Aviom and ME live on the same GLD without limiting the ME features? For example, with the Aviom chained off the monitor port and the ME chained off the expansion port of the mixrack?

Profile photo of JohnsonAV
    JohnsonAV
    Participant

I’m also curious about the new Aviom A360 and the new Pro16e protocol that allows for more channels. Would the A360 be able to take advantage of the additional channels that A&H offer on the monitor port? Would it work in reverse? ME-1 on the Pro16e system? Very interesting that they both announced their personal mixers on the same day! coincidence?

Aaron Johnson, CTS

Johnson AV Engineering

a. 7011 N. Greenview Ave.
    Unit 1
    Chicago, IL 60626
    p. 847.404.1056
    e. aaron@johnsonavengineering.com
    w. http://www.johnsonavengineering.com

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi

quote:

Aviom chained off the monitor port and the ME chained off the expansion port of the mixrack

Yes, this will work. The ‘Monitors’ port can be set to either ‘Aviom™ mode’, or ‘ME-1 mode’.

In Aviom™ mode, the Monitors port outputs a 16-channel Aviom™ A-net compatible stream, which will work with the A-16ii personal monitor mixer. The ME-1 is also able to work with 16-channel Aviom™ A-net, but obviously the A-net protocol does not transmit channel names, and is limited to 16 channels only.

In ME-1 mode, the Monitors port outputs the same exact packets that are being transmitted out of the other dSnake/Expander ports in the GLD system. The ME-1 will pick up channel name information and the full 40 channels when connected to any of these ports. The stereo linking information, which is set in the GLD I/O Setup page ‘Monitors’ tab, is in fact transmitted out of all the dSnake/Expander ports, along with the channel name information.

quote:

Very interesting that they both announced their personal mixers on the same day! coincidence?

Yes, this is a coincidence. Since the A360 has only just been released, I cannot be sure how it will work with GLD or ME-1. Since it is backwards compatible with the A-16ii, my guess is that it would work using the first 16 channels of the Monitors port, with the Monitors port set to Aviom™ mode. I very much doubt that it would be able to pick up more channels than this from a normal dSnake stream, as this is a totally different protocol.

Without having seen a Pro16e analogue input device, I don’t know if the ME-1 would work with this. You would have to assume that it does not, until it had been tried out.

Hope that helps.

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.