“Store” and “Recall” are too close together

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions “Store” and “Recall” are too close together

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CareyD CareyD 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I think it’s been mentioned already but it would be worth changing in the next firmware update.

I will often recall a scene, make some changes to it, and then recall it again and have to go back and do all the changes again.

Or recall a scene, make changes, store that, and then instead of recalling the next scene I store to that one too, overwriting it.

[:0]

It user error, obviously, but it would happen a lot less if the buttons were in different parts of the screen. It’s not that I miss the button I meant to press, I just press the wrong one. If they were separated I would associate storing for example with going to the top and recalling with going to the bottom.

Thanks,

Chris

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

It’s been mentioned before I think. Preferably I would like to have visual confirmation – so when you click “Store” it prompts you to make sure you definitely want to overwrite :-)

Our workflow is based on scenes rather than shows (one show, then a default scene). It’s happened a number of times now where the default scene has been overwritten and then needs restoring from backup :-(

Profile photo of KB7981
    KB7981
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gkhewitt

It’s been mentioned before I think. Preferably I would like to have visual confirmation – so when you click “Store” it prompts you to make sure you definitely want to overwrite :-)

Our workflow is based on scenes rather than shows (one show, then a default scene). It’s happened a number of times now where the default scene has been overwritten and then needs restoring from backup :-(

I have had this happen to me as well and have began storing a backup of the “default scene” at a location near the end of the scene list ( like scene 230 or higher) just in case this happens. From here it’s easier to recall and resave into the original scene location.

Kris
    Indiana, USA

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I really like KB7981’s suggestion of adding a confirm message. Four of us worked on the board and everyone said the same thing – store is too close to recall and easily confused.

Rick Kohrs
    Good Shepherd Lutheran Church – West Campus
    Verona, WI

Profile photo of bob274
    bob274
    Participant

Agreed on the confirmation message. I never hit the wrong button but always wonder, “Did it store it?” There are a few places around the menus where confirmation messages would be great.

Profile photo of papromike
    papromike
    Participant

Wait for the upcoming Firmware update, and you can just put the recall, next scene, up down and go on the soft keys.

Vice President of Sales
    Allen & Heath USA

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Cool, do you know an estimated time for that? I’m not going to complain if it’s not exact but are we talking two weeks or two months?

Chris

Profile photo of jdh28
    jdh28
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

Cool, do you know an estimated time for that? I’m not going to complain if it’s not exact but are we talking two weeks or two months?

Chris

I would guess hours :)

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

New firmware V1.1 is available from the A&H web site. This includes the Scene editing confirmation option requested.

If you are working with User Shows stored on previous firmware then you will need to turn the option on after loading the Show. This is done using the pull-up tab in the Scenes screen. If you want to keep this setting with the User Show then set the option and save it by Overwriting the Show.

Hope that helps,
    Carey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.