System frozen?? Argh!

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions System frozen?? Argh!

This topic contains 36 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ronnykoning ronnykoning 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Well, no my GLD also froze. And i did not record anything. Had a 64Mb Kingston int the USB-slot. Don’t know if that’s the problem..?
    Started a new thread here: https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2465

Willy
    FOH-tech.
    GLD-80
    AR2412
    AR84

Profile photo of outformator
    outformator
    Participant

i did not use flash drive at all when freezes happened. a week ago i have contacted A&H tech support. They told me the problem will hopefully be solved with new software expected in February:). Hope so. thank you

Profile photo of hounsomec
    hounsomec
    Participant

mine froze up yesterday. was not recording to usb. restarted and came back fine. just did the update lets see if that fixes the problem.

has anyone had a reason as to why it happens?

hounsome

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

Anyone had a freeze after updating to 1.1 firmware?[:)]

Band rehearsal, [V]

GLD 80, recording with DANTE, not recording on usb, saving scene and gld went dead. colours on display and then black. restarted itself and then,
    could not reconnect to surface visible in display. audio still playing, surface still frozen
    Several reboots by pressing reboot option in display , nothing changed after reboot,
    again, could not reconnect to surface.
    Power off and power on, system is alive again.
    Again saving the scene, again it went wrong.
    This time captured on video.
    Power off, power on, and alive again.
    Deleted the scene, saved it again and all went fine.
    [?]

GLD 80
    GLD-AR2414
    DANTE

Theo Fincken
    VinkAudio

Profile photo of bigbean
    bigbean
    Participant

I’m interested and I have some questions. I appreciate any additional information. So that I might avoid this disruption.

Is this after the update to 1.1?

How many tracks were you recording?

Was the scene save done during recording or during a break?

Have you contacted local distribution or A&H corporate tech support yet? What did they say?

I’m guessing some condition of the scene file reacting with the recording software is the root issue in this story.

It seems that a hard reboot (using the power switch or pull the mains cable) forcing the unit to completely rebuild it’s software o/s is the only thing that clears a vapor lock condition. I’m certain that tech support would never encourage a user to yank the plug. I of course, have never done such a thing with an expensive piece of electronics gear (cough, cough, look at my shoes)[;)]

Best of luck with your work.

Profile photo of Moparcar
    Moparcar
    Participant

I have just experienced the same thing last night. Have over 40 successful events to date until during setup last evening the desk froze and screen gives I/O error messages for awhile before blacking out entirely. Hard power reset and reboot brought it back to life, but made for an uncomfortable show due to concerns of repeat lockups mid performance. I noticed that the upper USB port wouldn’t read my thumb drive yet the lower port did. Was loading some library files from the drive to individual inputs at the time of crash. Reading all these reports makes me think there is a problem with the new firmware update and its I/O interface with the USB. Perhaps something more sinister? A virus from a competitor? No, but seriously, besides that issue last night the desk has functioned flawlessly. Any clues for a fix or work around to avoid potential disruption of an entire live show? And, since I am venting a bit, where the heck is the iPad app? Dammit… See pic for screen shot of error logs.

Ps – ok, just tried to upload a screen shot and get this HTML response, 500 – Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Awesome work dudes…

“Can I get some talent in the monitor, please.”

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi All,

There is a known issue in GLD V1.10 firmware that we are currently working on. Some scenes, with names consisting of 14 characters (which is the maximum number of letters you can name a scene) can cause the GLD to crash and reboot if you store or paste into these scenes.

We will be fixing this in the next GLD maintenance release, but for the time being you can avoid this problem by re-naming any of your scenes to 13 characters or less.

We are very sorry for any trouble this may have caused, and hope to be releasing the new firmware soon.

If you experience any other problems or issues, please contact A&H Technical Support (https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/support/pages/support.aspx).

AndyH
    A&H

Profile photo of davidha
    davidha
    Participant

Photos of I/O error messages on behalf of Morparcar

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Photo/File: photo1.jpg
    156.29 KB

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Photo/File: photo2.jpg
    158.86 KB

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Moparcar
    I had the exact thing happen to me on Sunday. See my post.

https://iliveforum.allen-heath.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2512

I was thinking it could be a corrupt flash drive or something. Support ticket sent in on Sunday but no response yet.

Funny thing too, I had the same issue trying to post a pic of that screen shot to the forums also.

Gary

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Pic of my crash uploaded

[img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Download Photo/File: FBFC_Console_Crash.jpg
    54.64 KB

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Please see post by AndyH above for info and an interim work around.

Profile photo of Moparcar
    Moparcar
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Carey D

Please see post by AndyH above for info and an interim work around.

As far as the 14 character scene name issue blamed for the crashes, I’m rather skeptical as I hadn’t either saved or named anything at that point. I had loaded some library files into the inputs for ch 1-7 on the drum kit when it occurred. I did notice the desk wasn’t able to read my USB stick in the upper port and the lower one worked, but after some time had past and I went to the library for a different file to use, on an input I wanted to modify, it couldn’t find the USB stick at all until I removed and replaced it. Not sure how a scene name could relate to the issue. Have been told that the desk needs to be replaced due to hardware issues. Bummer is I have a show scheduled withJeff Keith from Tesla on Thursday. Hope I don’t experience a recurrence mid show. Then I look like a tool behind the console, which totally sucks. I don’t want to be that guy really.

GLD80/2412
    GL-4000 48
    GL-2400
    ZED 14 x2
    Wizard 16
    Presonus 24
    Presonus 16
    Yamaha x I forget how many really…

“Can I get some talent in the monitor, please.”

Profile photo of MoreTalentPlease
    MoreTalentPlease
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH

Hi All,

There is a known issue in GLD V1.10 firmware that we are currently working on. Some scenes, with names consisting of 14 characters (which is the maximum number of letters you can name a scene) can cause the GLD to crash and reboot if you store or paste into these scenes.

We will be fixing this in the next GLD maintenance release, but for the time being you can avoid this problem by re-naming any of your scenes to 13 characters or less.

We are very sorry for any trouble this may have caused, and hope to be releasing the new firmware soon.

If you experience any other problems or issues, please contact A&H Technical Support (https://www.allen-heath.com/uk/support/pages/support.aspx).

AndyH
    A&H

Hi Andy!
    i think its not an issue with the account of characters. I have used a USB-Stick (cruiser edge) only two shows on it – one is namend G8 and the second is named Ro4…no Templates on it, GLDfolders, ca. 4BG Wavfiles nothing else and i can quite reliable reproduce the freezing by stucking in that stick into the console…if it helps, i will send that Device by post to A&H.
    greetings.Gerald

Profile photo of AndyH
    AndyH

Hi MoreTalentPlease,

That could be useful. Could you contact UK A&H Support (https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/), to arrange sending it. Plus include any additional information like when the issue started and if there is anything else required to cause the problem.
    Cheers,

AndyH
    A&H

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.