Specs for SBC computer

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Specs for SBC computer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Hi guys

Can someone from AAH post the specs for the SBC computer?
    I want to do some research on what it cam be replaced with. I want to see how much we can speed up this thing.

Thx

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

Could you plug in a keyboard and just hit the key to enter the bios?
    What’s your idea here in ‘speeding it up?’ Remember you might run into all sorts of driver incompatibility issues if the firmware A&H releases is for a specific specification of motherboard/chipset, much in the same way you can’t just go install os X on any PC, even though they all run on the same x64 architecture

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

My idea was to juat find another mb with faster processing and call upon a few brainiacs friends for some software/driver help.
    I understand the possible problems, but i like messing with stuff like that.
    Thanks for the hint on the bios.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of Rexeltw
    Rexeltw
    Participant

IIRC at best it will be Atom N450 but only if you have a board under 18 months old. Happy to be wrong here…

Just remember kids no matter how good your mixing is you can’t polish a turd…

Profile photo of tk2k
    tk2k
    Participant

So im still wondering why you want it faster? the touchscreen does zero processing, and the ‘lag’ when recalling show files is due to the DSP, not the touchscreen computer (time loading off ilive editor vs touchscreen, its the same)

The only advantage I could see is in boot time for the touchscreen itself?

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by tk2k

So im still wondering why you want it faster? the touchscreen does zero processing, and the ‘lag’ when recalling show files is due to the DSP, not the touchscreen computer (time loading off ilive editor vs touchscreen, its the same)

The only advantage I could see is in boot time for the touchscreen itself?

Which is significant…

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Well I had a quick play on a GLD a couple of days ago and they are VERY quick to change shows or mixer Config compared to the iLive. They also boot up in about half the time.
    I suspect however that we wont see these response times improve in iLive with the current hardware used – be good if it could though!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.