Can’t see M-MMO in RAB2 port B in 144 surface

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Can’t see M-MMO in RAB2 port B in 144 surface

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 01soundman 01soundman 11 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 01soundman
    01soundman
    Participant

Wondering if I’m missing something….

Have a M-MMO in port B of a RAB2 card in my 144 surface. (Port A is ACE.) All seems to work fine except that I can’t see/configure the MMO card in the OUTPUTS screen.

The RAB2 is fitted right below the CPU card.

Any ideas?

Follow up: To my dismay, I found the following in the Hardware Reference (v1.7), “part 1-34”:
    Surface Port B and firmware version V1.7. It is possible to fit the M-MMO option and assign its outputs, but note the following:
    The Status screen does not recognise the Port B option even if one is fitted. Use the TouchScreen or Editor OUTPUTS screen ACE Link or ESA tab to assign signals to the M-MMO option fitted in Port B. Use CH33 and higher. These are permanently mapped to the M-MMO output sockets according to the table below
    .”

The “table” shows AVIOM (the object of this little adventure) “Not Used”.

Any idea how I can support Aviom? via the Surface….? Maybe a second RAB2 in the IDR10 and move the M-MMO there?
    RayH

Dual rack iLive system:
    144 surface (RAB2 w/ACE & M-MMO),
    iDR-32 master w/ACE in Port B,
    iDR10 slave (64 inputs, 8 outputs, RAB2 w/ACE & Dante)

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Been through something like this before, but don’t remember all the details on it. I ended up with the full size aviom card in the iDr10 and used Dante in the mini card slot.
    Have you thought about switching from the mini to full size card?

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Ray

Yes i’m afraid this is a limitation of using the MMO module in the surface PortB.

As gil has pointed out the best way would be to fit the Digital Multi output module to either your surface or mixrack to access the Aviom channels.

https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=iLiveSeries&ProductId=DigitalMultiOutputModule&SubCatId=AudioModuleOptions

Regards
    Sam A&H

01soundman
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

….. “As gil has pointed out the best way would be to fit the Digital Multi output module to either your surface or …”

Thanks, both Gil and Sam.

At the moment, my plan is now to put a Digital Multi Out in the A/B slots of the Surface, remove the M-MMO from the RAB2, and move an existing Dual Mic/Line module from slot A to Slot C or D.

Is that an approved configuration?

Any concerns?

Thanks!!
    Ray

PS. Would anyone like to comment on potential latency issues that may arise from the fact that this Dual-rack system has the 144 Surface (& Aviom out) attached to an iDR-32 (master) at FOH with the iDR10 (slave) roughly 130 feet of CAT5E away from the iDR-32. My concern is that band members onstage will hear Aviom IEM signals only after they’ve made the trip from the stage (iDR10 slave) to FOH (iDR-32 master) and then back down another 130′ CAT5E cable to the Aviom hub onstage.

Profile photo of gilparente
    gilparente
    Participant

Sounds good. Dont forsee any problems.
    You should not have any latency issues as Ace is a pretty fast protocol. Remember that most musicians will not notice anything bellow 8ms or so.

Gil Parente
    Design & Integration
    Entertainment Arts, Inc.
    iLive 176, T112
    iDR48 , iDR16, iDR10
    Multiple iPads
    Dante
    Etc..

01soundman
    Participant

Would like to revisit this thread to see if the following is still true:

Follow up: To my dismay, I found the following in the Hardware Reference (v1.7), “part 1-34”:
    “Surface Port B and firmware version V1.7. It is possible to fit the M-MMO option and assign its outputs, but note the following:
    The Status screen does not recognise the Port B option even if one is fitted. Use the TouchScreen or Editor OUTPUTS screen ACE Link or ESA tab to assign signals to the M-MMO option fitted in Port B. Use CH33 and higher. These are permanently mapped to the M-MMO output sockets according to the table below.”

The “table” shows AVIOM (the object of this little adventure) Not Used.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

This has been changed in V1.9

V1.9 release notes:

AviomTM now available at Surface MMO: The MMO (Mini Multi Out) option is the only Port B option supported at the modular Surface. The AviomTM output socket can now be assigned (they duplicate the assignments to the MMO ADAT outputs).

Nicola
    A&H

01soundman
    Participant

Outstanding!! I just received my CPU upgrade for the iDR10 a few days ago.

Since I’m running a dual-rack configuration, I’d really appreciate someone from A&H reviewing how things are set up today and give me an indication of whether changes are needed before I upgrade to v1.9.

Current configuration:
    144 surface (RAB2 w/ACE, M-MMO in port B, and fullsize MMO card in A/B slots because I was going to have to deal with this in v1.83),
    iDR-32 master w/ACE in Port B,
    iDR10 slave (64 inputs, 8 outputs, RAB2 w/ACE & Dante)

Notes:
    (1) The Dante card is used to feed a nearly full complement of 64 channels from a combination of the two racks. Any concerns over Dante firmware version vs. v1.9?
    (2) My ideal world would be to upgrade to v1.9 and then use both MMO cards in the surface for dual Aviom (or A&H ME!!) systems.

Thanks for the encouragement, Nicola! Eager to get v1.9 installed!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.