Security Features

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Security Features

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gkhewitt gkhewitt 12 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

For info, I had contacted A&H presales to ask about the user security features on the GLD-80 and here is the response:

It is possible to set up to 8 password-protected User Profiles, and set different permissions for each one. This is a preliminary list of features or settings that you can deny access to:

SETUP
    – Utility screen
    – Configuration (bus architecture etc)
    – Control Setup (strip layout)
    – Rotary functions
    – Sel buttons
    – Mix buttons
    – Audio Settings (e.g. sync from I/O module)

MEMORIES
    – Show Manager
    – Library Manager

ROUTING
    – Input Patchbay
    – Output & FX Patchbay

CHANNEL
    – Name/colour
    – Preamp
    – PEQ
    – GEQ (outputs only)
    – Dynamics
    – Delay
    – Gang
    – DCA assignment

Unfortunately it’s not possible to apply a permission to a range of channels only.

The preliminary User Guide will be updated shortly to include this information following the release of the V1.0 software.

As with iLive, you can assign a default Scene to each user (not a Show). The user scene gets recalled every time there is a user change.
    So if you log in as user ‘Operator’, and you were previously logged in as ‘Admin’, the ‘Operator’ default scene is recalled.

Profile photo of CareyD
    CareyD
    Participant

Hi gkhewit,
    You can restrict a user to a range of channels simply by assigning just the allowed channels to the surface and then locking out Control Setup (strip assign).
    Regards,
    Carey

Profile photo of gkhewitt
    gkhewitt
    Participant

Yes good point, applies as a result of the last paragraph I guess (using default scenes)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.