PL-6 or 10 Reliability?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions PL-6 or 10 Reliability?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sraymond sraymond 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

I don’t believe I’ve seen any discussion on these units regarding any interaction with the network. IE… If you have trouble with a Laptop or iPad freezing or going down like some of the recent discussion, will these units keep on working? I’m just wondering if they are reasonably infallible if you happen to have other router or computer issues. Any one had any experience in this area using them as backup?

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Scott these units don’t sit on the same network as I understand it they are on the proprietary PL-Anet which I believe is separate. I have used a PL4 as a very simple remote for some time on iLive and only had trouble with broken cables or someone un-plugging the thing.

The PL range has been around years used with the iDR4 and 8 and my experience is they are old tried and trusted technology, used loads as install and forget systems for clients and no complaints so far.

Ian B.

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

pl 6 here 100% reliable

cheers
    dave

allways latest firm and software
    iLive-144/t-80/idr-10 /idr-48/dante/pl-6/eyepad 1/belkin router/

Profile photo of sraymond
    sraymond
    Participant

Thanks Ian, Dave! Good to hear.

Scott

iDR 32
    iDR D-Out
    MMO
    Lenova T61, M90, iPad2

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.