Wireless ACE link

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Wireless ACE link

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ryanlantzy
    ryanlantzy
    Participant

Has anyone successfully used a wireless link for the ACE connection between their T series surface and mixrack?

If you have, what brand of wireless bridge did you use?

Thanks,
    RL

Profile photo of frank
    frank
    Participant

Afaik, you can’t run ACE over a wireless link since it is not based on TCP/IP. You can run the control communication over a wireless router, but you will lose local audio i/o (and pfl).

Frank

IDR32, PL10, Dell Latitute XT tablet
    Our adventures with this setup: https://gonnagles-engineering.blogspot.com

Profile photo of ryanlantzy
    ryanlantzy
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by frank

Afaik, you can’t run ACE over a wireless link since it is not based on TCP/IP. You can run the control communication over a wireless router, but you will lose local audio i/o (and pfl).

So the surface control will work remotely using a wireless router and wireless adapter?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I’ve done some measurements of how ACE utilizes 100Mb network. It’s constant at about 88 … 92%. If you refer to wireless as media, then YES, but I’m afraid WiFi (if that is what you ment by saying wireless) can’t do that. This is because WiFi does not support 100 Mbit at all, even though some products claim “108 Mb Speeds”. At the time NO consumer or commercially available WiFi product can sustain more than 54 Mb continuous, and very few even manage to do that. ACE architecture expects a full-time 100Mb link, such as would be maintained by a standard wired network CAT-5 cable.

However, there are two other WIRELESS solutions: Infra-Red Laser-based Ethernet (known as “Free Space Optics”) and microwave-based Ethernet. I’m certain that by now there are many suppliers for these techologies.

ddff

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi

Some of the information in this thread could be useful:

https://www.ilive-digital.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1057

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.