Is A&H interestet in Low Noise Fans?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Is A&H interestet in Low Noise Fans?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of brandonhw brandonhw 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jan-Boehm
    Jan-Boehm
    Participant

Since so many users have problems with the loud fans in the mix racks and surfaces, there should be a solution by A&H, or not?

I think there is enough space inside to built in a bigger fan with less speed.

http://www.renitenztheater.de

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Yeah, that would be nice option (and later factory default configuration), lots of theatres would appreciate that!

Profile photo of abstractnoise
    abstractnoise
    Participant

I can understand why so many find it objectionable, but ours has yet to be a problem in the real world. What can be a problem is the squealing of the PSU – anyone else found this?

“A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kickboxing.”
    -unknown.

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

Has anyone actually measured the SPL of the fans?
    My guess is that past 1 meter, its lower than the noise floor for the whole system so not much point making it any quieter.

I have noticed the switchmode power supply in my IDR32 is quite noisy, but not enough to cause a problem. Interestingly the supplies in my IDR64 are silent.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

I have plans to use my iLive’s in our Studio once we have Dante card/s installed. The fans will definately be a problem then!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72

Profile photo of brandonhw
    brandonhw
    Participant

I have a T-112, and the noise is apparent, but not a huge problem. It would be nice if it were quieter though. Ours is in use in a church setting, with some very quiet moments during the services. But it’s at least tolerable.

Brandon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.