R72 and…..?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Airton-Silva Airton-Silva 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Airton-Silva
    Airton-Silva
    Participant

Hi, my name is Airton Silva and I am a drummer/FOH manager/ monitor engineer when my band is on gigs since I’m the only one who have interest in audio equip. We need to buy a new mixer, since our 4 years old analog behringer is saying goodbye (3 channels are off). I need a mixer that is easy to use, because I’ll be mixing during the concerts. I thought about the R72, it looks really cool to use! But, I never saw it with another rack beside the iDR16. Every time I see a R72 there’s a iDR16 close to it. My question is, can I get a R72 and link it to a iDR32? Is the R72 really good to what I need?

Thanks

http://www.myspace.com/theknutz

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

Airton, the beauty of the ilive range is it’s modular design – you can pair any of the surfaces with Amy of the iDR racks; when I initially demo’ed my iDR32 it was with an R72 – worked like a charm! If you’re mixing from stage it would be great, you might even consider using one of the Pl series remotes for easy access to oft used settings.
    I’ve only had my system a month but I totally recommend it!

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Airton-Silva
    Participant

Great! What happened to your system?

Profile photo of Biggsounds
    Biggsounds
    Participant

I ended up buying the iDR32 Mixrack & I’m running it wirelessly from the Editor program on a laptop & a touchscreen. I’ve had teething problems with the wireless stuff (just not setting it up right initially) but the iLive itself has been brilliant.
    The reason you’ve probably only seen the R72 with the iDR16 is that it is one of the ‘bundles’ that A&H do (the same way you’ll see ads for the T80/iDR32 or T112/iDR48 combinations) – it doesn’t mean that’s the only way they work, it’s just an easy bundle to pair together – talk to your local dealer & I’m sure they’d be happy to do you a deal on the R72 with whichever size mixrack you require.

iDR32 mixrack
    Asus N61 Laptop (x2 wireless)
    Sennheiser IEM (for PFL)
    Dante card (soon!)

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Airton, you can use any iDR with any surface, only limitation is number of faders. You have to count inputs, outputs, DCA, FX sends/returns you’re going to use and figure out if 72 faders (12 times 6 pages) is enough. I believe in most cases 32 inputs should be fine with R72 surface.

ddff

Profile photo of kentlowt
    kentlowt
    Participant

The sound will be so much better than what your use to hearing jaws will be dropping.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

Airton-Silva
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ddff_lv

Airton, you can use any iDR with any surface, only limitation is number of faders. You have to count inputs, outputs, DCA, FX sends/returns you’re going to use and figure out if 72 faders (12 times 6 pages) is enough. I believe in most cases 32 inputs should be fine with R72 surface.

ddff

I didn’t realize that. I think we will be fine with the 72 faders.

Airton-Silva
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kentlowt

The sound will be so much better than what your use to hearing jaws will be dropping.

112T/IDR48/IDR16

I hope so!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.