Newby question

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Newby question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 14 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of photogguy
    photogguy
    Participant

I have a question I’m hoping you all can help me with.

Our college just got an iLive T-80, and I’m trying to set up the control room monitors.

Right now, the Mains are being pumped into the monitors, but I’m looking to control the volume of the control room monitors from the board, without bringing down the Main program audio.

Thanks.

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Setup a Stereo Matrix and route MAIN L&R to this matrix.

Take the MAIN L&R O/Ps to your choice of recorder

Take the ST MTX O/Ps and route these to your monitors.

Use the MTX master as a control room level, leaving the main mix send level unchanged for your recording.

http://www.TotalLiveSound.com

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Just checked the specs and there are a pair of TRS jacks on the surface for local out these would be used as control room monitors and follow PAFL would they not? They certainly work like that on my 112. You would of course have to select what you want to monitor they do not default to L & R

Profile photo of selfmade
    selfmade
    Participant

maybe you have to activate the “processing on wedge” option at the mixer configuration, too.

greetings from hamburg

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi Photogguy

I would advise that you use the monitor outputs on the back of the T112 surface. These outputs use the PAFL bus so you can PAFL any channel for key listening.
    You can then go to the PAFL setup on the touch screen and set Mains to PAFL so that when you clear PAFL (no PAFL selected) the Main output is sent to the output. You also have an analogue volume control on the right hand side of the surface next to the headphone level.

If you wish to add processing to signal sent to the control room monitors i suggest you use a Long Stereo Wedge output This will give you full output proccesing and also allow you to use the PAFL system to key listen to specific channels. When using a wedge output you will have to go to the outputs page and choose where you want to output the signal (e.g. surface TRS jacks) You will also then have to use 1 strip on your surface layout as the level control for the control room monitors.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.