MixRack connections

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions MixRack connections

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stealth Stealth 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yin_sound@yahoo.com
    yin_sound@yahoo.com
    Participant

Hello,

If I have one T112 and two iDR-32 with M-ACE-A modules installed, then can I get 64 inputs at the same time and control by the T112?

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

No… The T112 surface only has 1 ACE connection.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi All

In the current firmware V1.54 we do not support dual Mix Rack functionality.

Soon we will be releasing V1.6 firmware this release will enable dual Mix Rack functionality so it is possible to linkup 2 Mix Racks together via the Port B (ACE, EtherSound or MADI) link which will enable a maximum of 128 input channels.

More information about Dual Mix Rack setup will be available with the release of V1.6.

Regards
    Sam A&H

Profile photo of przemko
    przemko
    Participant

hello

when shall the 1.6 software be ready ?

Would it have also the functionality of running two surfaces (FOH & mon) with one MixRack ?

best regards

Przemko

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

In my opinion two surfaces with one mixrack is not possible, since the processing is in the mixrack not the surface.

The only thing possible would be to take 2 surfaces along with two mixracks and take the inputs of one mixrack and have processing seperatly.
    But its not implentet yet – maybe also in 1.6.

Profile photo of Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Lieven-Dewispelaere
    Participant

Albin,

I think that it is possible. if you have an IDR32/48 you could split 64 process channels in 2 sets of 32. you assign the inputs 1-32 to both sets. now you have separate processing for FOH and for MON. in fact the surface is just a controller over utp so there is no reason to not be able to make surfe 1 control the first 32 processing channels and surface2 the second 32 without interference between the both.You can do this already with surface and laptop. The only thing left to do is to make the PFL on the rack act as the PFL for the second surface ( monitor).

kind regards

Lieven

T112/IDR48
    Disclaimer: I disclaim everything. The contents of this message might be totally inaccurate, inappropriate, misguided, or otherwise perverse – except for my name (hopefully I got that right).

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Yes of course – in THAT way it is possible – but not in the case usually meant.
    You have to share processing power and are not fully seperated – so thats not an option for bigger acts.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi All

Only 1 surface will be supported in V1.6 firmware. Though you can use iLive editor for further control of the system you can connect multiple editor sessions to the mixrack

Hope this helps
    Sam A&H

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.