Dimming leds and lcd’s

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Dimming leds and lcd’s

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sound sound 14 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mdsaudio
    mdsaudio
    Participant

I’m not sure how the dimming process for the leds and lcds has been implemented, so I don’t know the ease of this.
    I would like to be able to dim the leds without affecting the lcd strips. The leds are very bright when used in the dark and obscure the screen printing on the panel. If I dim the leds the lcd’s get too dark. A dual concentric pot would be a good solution but would only work if the surface uses two separate dimmer circuits. Unfortunately a little more involved than a firmware upgrade!
    Cheers,
    Darren
    ps:had a couple of young fellas using the desk for the first time on Sunday, they took to it like ducks to water!

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

+1 …. it annoys the hell out of me. I would be happy if I could just dim the LED’s 50% (relatively) and leave the LCD’s as they are.

PS – still l o v e the desk :o)

Peter

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

yes we call it the cristmas tree problem…..

too the first led`s are leaving us[:(]

a “mecanical maintenance-how to” pdf would be great, so one does not have to go through learning and yearning ( yes i had a neve yes i did
    the maintaining of the neve…)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of sound
    sound
    Participant

+1

Asked for it a *long* while ago, so I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a solution…

But would certainly be a nice christmas gift [;)]

Greetings,
    Walter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.