New iDR-32 difficulty connecting with Editor

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions New iDR-32 difficulty connecting with Editor

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mjpruzin mjpruzin 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mjpruzin
    mjpruzin
    Participant

Hello,

Just received my new iDR-32 rack to supplement the rest of my iLive system and I’ve encountered an issue trying to connect to it via editor. I receive these error messages:

Can’t find = 192.168.1.1/Patch Order Manager File… ..ahnetsysbuild.cpp
    Line… 327

mSourcePath = 192.168.1.1/Patch Order Manager, mDestinationPath = DL Surface Discovery Object File… ..ahnetsysbuild.cpp
    Line… 330

I’ve tried Editor 1.53 on a PC (XP Home) and Editor 1.51 on a mac (10.5.8, and this works fine with an iDR10), both result in the same errors (at least I recall the same basic thing popping up in the terminal relating to Lines 327 and 330 on the mac, but my last attempts were on the PC).

Anyone else encounter this after receiving a new rack? Thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards,
    Jason

M. Jason Pruzin
    Sound Designer/Engineer
    Arkansas Repertory Theatre

Dear Jason,

Please contact Technical Support with this issue and we will endeavour to get to the bottom of it for you.

We would be grateful if you would raise a ticket for this issue here:
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com

Many thanks.

support@allen-heath.com

Profile photo of mjpruzin
    mjpruzin
    Participant

For those who may be interested, it turned out the problem was that the iDR-32 rack was running firmware v1.43 and I was trying to connect with v1.5x (I tried them all). A&H reported to me that in the future to avoid confusion all racks will ship with a sticker over the network port indicating what version of firmware is loaded. In any case if you are purchasing a rack without a surface it may be best to be sure you have editor versions going back to v1.43, although I’m not sure how you would upgrade without a surface since you can’t upgrade via editor until v1.5x. I guess you’d have to request that your supplier take care of this before shipping the unit. For now my Dell 750m is actually running the rack beautifully so it doesn’t even require a super new and fast PC (although it hasn’t really been put to the test quite yet, and its normal control will be via an Intel Core 2 duo iMac). Unfortunately I can’t say the same for my Powerbook G4 (but it’s a known issue that these machines don’t work unless connecting to a full system).

M. Jason Pruzin
    Sound Designer/Engineer
    Arkansas Repertory Theatre

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.