Polarity switching at outputs.

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Polarity switching at outputs.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of billkeown billkeown 14 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of billkeown
    billkeown
    Participant

Is it possible to polarity invert on desk outputs? I’ve ha a good look around and can’t see a button or option anywhere.

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Hi Bill
    We have had this request in 2 forms.
    The ability to phase switch a mix output, say Aux7 or Mix Left.
    and the ability to phase switch an individual output socket.
    The latter means you could send Main Left to 2 output sockets and they would have individual phase switches.

We need to understand what the customer wants on this one. The latter solution is much harder to implement. But we dont want to implement the easier former solution to find it doesnt tick the box for the customer.

robc A&H

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

for me the non ladder would do, i sometimes had very good results with
    horribble sounding stages for monitor purposes (althought not often)

cheers
    dave

allen&heath iLive-144 /idr 10 /

Profile photo of billkeown
    billkeown
    Participant

For me, the ability to switch the polarity of a mix would be ideal.

I feel that being able to split an output and then phase reverse one socket is a little overkill, if not dangerous in the wrong hands. And surely if you really needed to do the latter there are a million ways to do it! Like for examlple running an additional matrix of main L – with it’s polarity inverted.

Also as a side note my t-80 is doing monitors on one stage at leeds festival next weekend. If you’d like me to take any pictures for your press people please drop me an email; bill (at) blackmagicaudio (dot) co (dot) uk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.