Whic Effects Do You Use?

Forums Forums iLive Forums Archived iLive Discussions Whic Effects Do You Use?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mr-B Mr-B 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Doug
    Doug
    Participant

I haven’t yet had time to audition all the effects on my iLive so was curious to know which effects do other people use in their fx rack. Mine currently are:

Hall Choral HF
    Arena 1
    Delay 2 Tap

I mainly do Rock and Roll and Acoustic acts

http://www.maltingsaudio.co.uk

Profile photo of przemko
    przemko
    Participant

you should play around with Brass Hall. It works well with various instruments.

best regards

Przemko

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

EMT PLATES FOR VOCALS
    480 FOR ACC INSTRUMENTS
    TAP DELAY……
    CHORUS FOR BAD BACKING VOCALS [;)]
    GATE ON GROUP FOR SLOPPY BRASS SECTIONS (THIS WAY THEY START AND STOP TOGETHER)[;)]

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of grahamwhite
    grahamwhite
    Participant

Infrabass!!!!!

Yeah… very nice bit of processing to give that “BBE Sonic Maximizer” feel to inputs such as kick, Bass, Floor toms or even synth pads.

Try it

Profile photo of millst
    millst
    Participant

480 verb is very nice
    Tap delay

Check out the new Ducking on a tap delay, it allows you to only have the delay applied to the last word which can save bringing up and down the sends and returns. I used it for the first time at the weekend and it really cleaned up the vocals and made using delay much better.

Great idea whoever thought of that!

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

Nice to hear you all enjoy the Fx emulations. They are fun but time consumming to do.
    On the SMR, there are 4 models. EMT, Hall, Classic-plate and Room. My favorite is EMT. But live maybe the classic plate is more useful tone wise if you get into the expert pages. The Room model was also nice to design, live use is limited.

The Flanger was fun to model, there are some distinct differences that set the classic flanging techniques apart. We captured them in the 3 models ambient, vintage & wild. Rewarding results once finished.

GatedVerb is my overall favorite, due to the very accurate model we achieved. InfaBass is cool too on some continuous LF programme – watch your cones!

The iLive ADT is great on vocal sounds without reverb. I have heard it sounding great on a 80’s pop vocal in a fairly small Hall.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Classic plate I use for soprano’s at outdoor concerts not to big it does not hide the tombre of the voice just gives the inpression of a few reflections which are not there. I use one of the big halls on the orchestra, usually no more than 3 seconds. Very smooth FX though good as anything out there in my opinion. Quite as good as some of the plug in’s I have tried.

Still like the compressor very transparent, still need that multiband though Rob (tee hee) you might just want to include a couple of pre-sets with it.
    [:D]

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

the deesser notch freq could be going “all the way down” lets say to 100hz to solve other problem than just “s es” such as double basses with a “wolve” (dunno how to say it in english ,in german a wolve is a certain frequencie where the instument (double bass,viola,violin e.t.c.) gets louder.

cheers
    dave

allen&heath i-live digital /focusrite octopre/ rme digi/multiface/
    samplitude pro v 10.01 / sample-tank / synthogy ivory / DFHS drummer
    algoritmix renovator/de scratch pro/de noise pro/peq orange red and blue /K-stereo

Profile photo of robc
    robc
    Participant

dont understand ‘wolve’
    double-bass LF resonance on a particular note ?

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

My guess is it is the resonant frequency Rob, should change with different surroundings I would have thought.
    Or possibly if it is when they play an open string?
    not sure now I know the noise, a multi band comp should get rid of it without bringing the de-esser that low.

Mr. B

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Archived iLive Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.