New firmware

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AlexAlex
    Participant

Love to see some of dlive 2.0 to make it to Avantis the the new fx card or something similar and the other features.

Profile photo of Mr-BMr-B
    Participant

Can’t help thnking after V2.00 the guys in R&D deserve a few days off in a darkened room, or at least on the beach relaxing.

Profile photo of danloridanlori
    Participant

I reset my Q16 and now it has firmware 1.2 I can’t update it to the latest version. How can I do that? Thank you

Profile photo of BrianBrian
    Participant

I saw a Youtube video with Dr. Rob Clark being interviewed about the DLive 2.0 firmware and he was asked if any of the features would make it to Avantis. He immediately replied, “I hope so, if that’s what customers want, and the users and people that use our equipment.” https://youtu.be/yaFOrf_nFM4?si=dmEKV291TKPtwjgy&t=625

So A&H clearly understands that people want this in the Avantis and they seem to be working towards some sort of solution. Of course how long that solution might take to be released, and exactly what it might include is anyone’s guess at this point.

Profile photo of gumaguma
    Participant

Hopefully there will be a socket in the Avantis consoles to plug the FX chip into.

Profile photo of BrianBrian
    Participant

Hopefully there will be a socket in the Avantis consoles to plug the FX chip into.

While I have not checked myself, other people have confirmed that an expansion slot is there…..

Honestly it is in a manufacturer’s best interest to include a slot like this for future upgrades. It allows the manufacturer to extend the life expectancy of a system by upgrading or adding to it’s processing power. Designing consoles is time consuming and expensive and it is certainly more profitable to extend the life of an existing system than design and release an entirely new system. Therefore once a system hits a certainly price point, the cost to add an expansion “slot” is relatively low and I suspect most console manufacturers add one. That being said, you aren’t going to see it on the low priced systems because the relative cost to add the “slot” is higher than it is worth.

For example, if adding an expansion slot “costs” $100/unit in R&D resources and hardware expenses, it’s totally worth that extra cost to add it to a $10,000 console for the chance to potentially extend the model’s sales lifecycle with a future upgrade. On the other hand, it would not be worth the extra cost to add it to a $1000 console.

Profile photo of Tatsuya NakamuraTatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

I will rejoice when the new Avantis firmware includes dLive and GLD onboard features.

These features are especially essential.

•VS1 Vocal Shift (dPack)
    •Pitch Doubler (dPack)
    •Individual LR output assignment to StereoBus (Aux,Group,Matrix,Main.LR) when using SigGen

•All New Cue List Management
    •Trigger Multiple Functions With One SoftKey
    •Mix Joins The Channel Library
    •New MIDI options and commands

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.