Multitrack recording not seeing 4 channels

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Multitrack recording not seeing 4 channels

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ed
    Ed
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m running a waves card in a DLive C1500 for multitrack recording during a live show. All channels are are fine for the show but channels 4 thru 7 aren’t hitting the computer even though they are routed on the virtual soundcheck tab. All other channels are getting to the computer. I’ve tried 2 different DAWs with the same result. I am using a windows computer with Soundgrid QRec.

Any idea what the problem could be?
    Thanks for your help.

Eddie

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Have your verified the patching on the Soundgrid side?

Profile photo of Ed
    Ed
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Yes, I have. I also tried send those inputs to different channels in the DAW but still got no input.

Eddie

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It sure sounds like a routing issue. It could be on the DLive side or the Waves side.

I would suggest that you triple check a couple of things on the DLive side. Are you really using the virtual soundcheck functionality or are you really sending the channels out as “direct outs”? There is a different routing tab for each type of output. You might have channels 4-7 routed correctly in the VSC tab, but not the direct out tab, or vice versa.

I’m not familiar with how to route things on the Waves side, but triple check those settings/tabs as well. Again, it might have been set up correctly at one time and then something borked channels 4-7 and you shouldn’t assume it is set up correctly.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Are you really using the virtual soundcheck functionality or are you really sending the channels out as “direct outs”?

I can confirm that things get weird if you have direct outs and VSC set to use the same output. I don’t remember which one “wins”, but it’s the one I forgot I had turned on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.