USB B streaming audio distortion (Qu-24)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting USB B streaming audio distortion (Qu-24)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cam Cam 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

I have USB 2.0 and I have Distortion and as of yet no solution. I’m ready to sell the board. I already bought another GLD. Dante is the way to go.

Profile photo of ffHakke
    ffHakke
    Participant

There are several threats about this topic, like https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/random-electrical-noises-during-playback-studio-use/page/2

As I wrote there: find the solution in hardware.

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

And for me they’re worthless.

Profile photo of Made2Create
    Made2Create
    Participant

Hi, I think I found a possible solution. I have the Qu-32 and the same issue with a top of the line desktop PC. After searching the internet I discovered that other USB audio streaming devices suffer from the same issue. I found one recommendation to turn off Anti-Virus software as it generally runs lots of updates. It seems that these updates are somehow interfering with the ability to stream audio via USB properly. My PC came with MacAfee pre-installed and since uninstalling the software I have not had any issues.

I also have a Steinberg UR-22 which does not have this problem, so I think this is something that A&H should look into, but as a temp fix for now it works. Generally speaking I would like a bit more support from A&H as I am not sure I should have to spend weeks to try and figure it out as a customer and a business, seeing how the console does have a hefty price tag.

I will update my post if anything changes.

Hope this helps! 🙂

Made2Create
    Participant

Disregard my previous post. This did not fix the issue. There is still no fix for this…

Profile photo of slowhand73
    slowhand73
    Participant

I’ve solved the problem (thanks Alex from A&H support)

Go in BIOS and disabled USB 3.0 xHCI

Made2Create
    Participant

Disabling xHCI in the BIOS does not work for me as it leaves me without USB functionality… Anyone else find another solution?

Made2Create
    Participant

Hi! Please help me to find a solution by collecting your comments and thoughts on this problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09znBiQCQv8&feature=youtu.be

Thank you!

Profile photo of Smokehead
    Smokehead
    Participant

Disabling xHCI will only work on older machines. It’s not a solution. It’s a temporary workaround for systems which have this option. On newer systems this option is not available or will disable USB functionality at all!

This issue has to be solved to be able to use the devices with modern systems and newer devices.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,

I’ve just made a ‘sticky’ topic relating to the issue here.
    (https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/digital-noise-when-streaming-audio-via-usb-b)

As mentioned in that topic, we have put together a google form to collect more data, which will help in trying to find a solution as quickly as possible.
    (goo.gl/forms/XHdM9zUVJU3Eni1y2).

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of ZloyKonstantin
    ZloyKonstantin
    Participant

Hey guys,

Has anyone found a solution to this?
    I’m running a macbook (big sur) connected to qu 16 for streaming via USB B and am getting a distorted sound coming out of the speakers (streaming youtube music or daw)

Profile photo of Cam
    Cam
    Participant

The latest firmware update solved the issue for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.