QU ST channels and AR2412

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU ST channels and AR2412

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

I’m thinking of getting an AR2412 to use with QU16 and currently looking at the capabilities.

With local ST1, ST2 inputs there is the option of mono processing by plugging L/Mono jack channel only. Is the same possible with AR2412 channels connected to ST1, ST2 (possibly ST3)?

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have searched and I can’t find such a thread.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No because there is no shorting type xlr jack to make that happen. You can plug a microphone into the appropriate input but it will be hard left or right. I have done that and put things like drum overheads, stereo keys etc on those channels. It has always been requested to be able to mono those channels but no firmware upgrade ever addressed it.

Profile photo of Davy
    Davy
    Participant

Thanks for that information, it’s a pity really but it is not a deal breaker for me. I guess you could use a mic splitter and feed both channels but I wouldn’t chance it with a condenser mic and phantom power being fed from both channels.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think some have used a Y splitter and fed phantom from one channel although that back feeds the other channel. Best idea would be a ISO mic splitter with one output transformer ISO. The direct side would feed phantom. The transformer would block the DC from backfeeding to the other channel. Internal caps would block anyway but just safer. Have to make note that phase is correct too. But it should be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.