New stereo channel input

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions New stereo channel input

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mark Mark 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SanjOk
    SanjOk
    Participant

Hi. Can you add new stereo input channel from socket to GLD-80? See image. add new firmware. sorry for my English :).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

You can’t add any more stereo channels (or remove the existing ones), but you can link channels together with the “ganging” function.

You can have up to 8 gangs, and each gang can have up to 8 members. If you link everything except the pan controls it will act as a stereo channel (except for when you PFL it, as you’ll only get one side unless you use additive PFL).

Chris

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

There is also a trick by using a group bus. You can assign an external steeo input paur and will work almost the same as a normal input. You will miss the gate dynamics. And off course it costs 2 busses….

For small shows I use this when I really need a stereo fader in stead of a ganged one.

Regards,
    Pascal

Profile photo of Mark
    Mark
    Participant

We use the ganging and it works well.
    This was my first digital mixer, so excuse me if this is obvious, but I originally put both channels on the surface – the sliders move together, it looks cool, but wastes space.
    I figured out quickly that I only needed to have one visible, and the other one stays ganged even though you don’t see it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.