Who needs scribble strips

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Who needs scribble strips

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stupaak stupaak 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeddonArchon
    GeddonArchon
    Participant

Scribble strips are obviously nice, but after getting tired of labels I tried thinking of a better solution for my qu32 in my little studio. I move equipment around on channels depending on what I want to work on so I thought magnet labels would be a good idea. I tried some magnet printer sheet first but the pull was bad so they didn’t stay in place that well. Then I found some thicker magnet strips and they pull well. Not too stuck to be annoying but definitely enough to stay put. Used a label maker for the labels and cut with some razor blade scissors. I put the channels I’m brining in on the custom layer label area then below the faded what device I have there. Plenty of room on the outside of the mixer for labels not currently in use. I have 4 48 point patchbays above the mixer so plenty of space for stuff. Works great so far.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of JohnK
    JohnK
    Participant

If your board has software control apps (e.g. Qu-Pad) to accompany it, then having dynamically displayed “scribble strips” on your hard fader surfaces seems like it would be expected, since you get it automatically in the apps.

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

I use the same method. I bought multiple colours of magnetic strips on a roll and make my own small labels for the custom layer, but use one single strip for the main channel assignments and the ins/outs on the back or on my AB 168. I have strips for each band I work with. Nice and easy.

Profile photo of Kermit911
    Kermit911
    Participant
    Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

“I found these, I am going to give them a try

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MixTagz-Blank-Magnetic-Mixer-Labels-Mixing-Board-Console-Tape/321662054032?hash=item4ae48d6e90:g:rQ4AAOSwHPNbHazm

I’d love to find something along those lines -in a continuous strip likely sized and ch. labeled to cover that row of yellow lights on layer one on the QU-24!

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

That’s all cool stuff. I’m going to get that in the future. Right now I just use dry erase board tape and erase track info when I need too. Bought a dry-erase calendar and cut with blade.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.