Waves card on SQ

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Waves card on SQ

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of orange.seba orange.seba 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of orange.seba
    orange.seba
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have a small question. I have a sq5 on order and I would like to get a waves card to connect it with a behringer x32 with the waves card to get the signal from the preamps.
    2 bands that I work with have X32 on stage for their in ear monitor system and until now I have used a x32 FOH too. But with the sq coming it would be nice to use it with them and be able to connect the 2 with the waves cards and an Ethernet cable.

Can someone confirm that it will work? I guess I will have to be on 48khz on both desks. Let me know!

Thank you !

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Yes it will work. We run a X32 Rack as an IEM rig with our Avantis and connect the two consoles via Dante. You can run the SQ at 96k. You will run the Dante system at 48k and the SQ card will handle to conversion from 48k to 96 native.

Of course setting up the routing in the desk is only the first step. You also need to set up the routing in the Dante Controller. Nothing special if you are used to running Dante, but many beginners don’t understand this. If you haven’t taken the Dante training courses on the Audinate site, I highly suggest that you take them.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

I think orange.seba was asking specifically about Waves cards, not Dante.
    But the answer is the same, yes you can. And yes, the Waves card will need to be set to 48kHz.

Profile photo of orange.seba
    orange.seba
    Participant

Thank you for your answer I will try this when I receive eventually The gear 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.