Waves 3, Dante 128, pros & cons

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Waves 3, Dante 128, pros & cons

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tibook
    tibook
    Participant

Hi All.

I’ve been using Waves 3 with a dLive for recording and playback. I recently added the 128 Dante card to the mix, and have a SoundGrid server collecting dust. I would like to start using my plugins, so I’m at a point where I can rearchitect a little.

VSC
    Plugins
    Multitrack Playback
    Multitrack Record

I’d like to locate the SG rack server and Waves3 card in the same rack as the DM48. I’ll run a STP cable to the control computer. I’ll probably leave the Dante card in the console if I can playback/record over Dante with no issue.

Any Pros/Cons to this setup?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Possibly the biggest difference for VSC and recording is that the Dante Virtual Soundcard is limited to 32 tracks at 96kHz / 64 at 48kHz. You will need a PCI card to record more.
    Stating the obvious, but the advantage of Dante is third party integration e.g. wireless receivers, loudspeaker controllers, amps, or a split to/from another console.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.