Using Waves SoundGrid for effects inserts SQ7

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Using Waves SoundGrid for effects inserts SQ7

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Miasm1 Miasm1 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of musicforlife1
    musicforlife1
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’d love to get confirmation that the following is possible when using a Waves SoundGrid SuperRack server with an SQ7:

With an Allen & Heath SQ Waves Audio Interface Module plugged into the back of the SQ7 and connected to a working SoundGrid DSP server and a SuperRack SoundGrid host, route insert effects sends for a bunch of channels to the Waves SG server (seen as an IO card) and have them return to the their respective channels for mixing as usual.

The key feature I’m looking for is that the SoundGrid-enabled inserts should be processed in the “Insert A” location in each channel strip, rather than at the top of each channel strip. If this is the case, then the Global Direct Out source option can come before the SoundGrid-enabled inserts and not after, which is what I need.

Hopefully, my question is clear. If not, I’d be happy to explain in more detail in order to get a meaningful Q & A in this thread.

Thanks in advance,

Charles.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Hi Charles,

I’m not in front of an SQ at the moment, but if you go to the section in the channel strip where you can assign the insert send and return path, see if I/O Port is one of the options. If so, that generally refers to the card in the expansion slot.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I suggest reading the manual to get this information, no?

Profile photo of Miasm1
    Miasm1
    Participant

Hello Charles,

Certainly, your desired setup is possible with the Waves SoundGrid SuperRack server and the SQ7.

Connectivity:
    Ensure that the Allen & Heath SQ Waves Audio Interface Module is securely plugged into the back of the SQ7. Connect it to a functioning SoundGrid DSP server and a SuperRack SoundGrid host.

Routing Insert Effects:
    Utilize the SoundGrid-enabled inserts by routing insert effects sends for your desired channels to the Waves SG server, recognized as an IO card.

Return to Respective Channels:
    After processing in the Waves SG server, the audio should seamlessly return to their respective channels on the SQ7 for standard mixing.

Processing in “Insert A” Location:
    Confirm that the SoundGrid-enabled inserts are processed in the “Insert A” location within each channel strip, meeting your specific requirement.

Global Direct Out Source Option:
    With the successful setup, you should be able to position the Global Direct Out source option before the SoundGrid-enabled inserts, ensuring it comes before, not after, as needed.

If you encounter any challenges or need further clarification, feel free to provide additional details. We’re here to help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.