USB Stereo Input Channel

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions USB Stereo Input Channel

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Z O L T N Z O L T N 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MArnold
    MArnold
    Participant

It would be great when using as an audio interface to have a dedicated USB stereo input channel for computer playback and mix. Right now, to route the DAW playback to the mixer, I think we have to give up two inputs (or the stereo pair) by switching them from Analogue to USB.

Profile photo of SXW
    SXW
    Participant

I vote for this one for sure. I bought this to use as an interesting face. Cant believe the audio from the computer isn’t all in the USB connection. May be returning and going with my original plan which was a Motu Stage Box 16.

Profile photo of Z O L T N
    Z O L T N
    Participant

I believe this is the same issue – “Cant believe the audio from the computer isn’t all in the USB connection” – I posted in troubleshooting?

Profile photo of SXW
    SXW
    Participant

I ended up returning it. It’s probably great for live settings, need much work IMHO to be studio interface.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@MArnold

There’s some misunderstanding here as there most definitely is a dedicated stereo USB return channel, for exactly this kind of setup!

In the ST. INPUTS / FX bank, there is a channel labelled USB.
    With this as a Complete Channel (so with all separate processing blocks available) go into the preamp section.
    In here it will tell you the input channel source. Which for an 18T for example, is USB/SD Inputs 19/20.

Send your return/monitor signal from the DAW to these channels and you can continue to use all analogue inputs for recording and have a dedicated return for monitoring.

Hope this helps,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

A lot of members on this forum really need to watch some of Keith’s excellent videos that lead up to the launch of the CQ before posting. So before you ask, it also has a dedicated Bluetooth channel.

The manual is now available, go and spend some time reading it.

😀👍

Profile photo of Z O L T N
    Z O L T N
    Participant

I watched all of Keith’s videos including the livestream one. Yes, they cover the product well but not one video shows how the CQ works as a basic audio interface on a Mac or PC.

After a third attempt I am returning mine as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.