USB for QU Drive advice…. again

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions USB for QU Drive advice…. again

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Just wanted to see what you guys are finding work for QU Drive multitrack recording on the QU series mixers these days. I have 3 old Sandisk Extremes that I have been using over and over successfully AND I have a couple of older Kingston Data Travelers that have been great. However I’d like a couple more but as with all these drives, over time they get replaced and then sometimes the newer versions are no longer compatible with the QU Drive..
    So…. what can you suggest will work from the more current offerings out there????

Thank you!

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Samsung T5 or T7 SSD’s are the way to go.

Work great and can be had quite cheap these days.

🙂

debzdoodle
    Participant

When I first purchased my QU16 just after launch, I used a WD HDD which worked well but I found not only were USB drives easier to transport to shows, easier to deploy ( no cables) and the formatting and loading time of recording was so much faster that it made sense to transition to them. I’ve used them ever since. However, are the SSD’s that much faster than HDD’s?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Yes they are and more reliable as there are no mechanical parts.

USB thumb drives are not really ideal for multitrack projects. The Samsung drives are only small as well.

debzdoodle
    Participant

Thank you… I see a few variations are available for T5 and T7….any specific one you recommend or are they all compatible?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

They are all compatible, but I would suggest the standard T5 or 7, no need for the slightly more expensive model with the extra features.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.