USB device not recognizing any input

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting USB device not recognizing any input

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tobi Tobi 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Warren
    Warren
    Participant

I few weeks ago I put a flash drive into the USB port to create a backup (which I have done previously). The USB port will not recognize any input at all. This also means I can not do any firmware updates as well. Is there any way to troubleshoot this?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Was this with a know working USB stick used in the past?

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Use a different stick.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Lots of posts on the forum about USB stick troubles recording from the SQ series.

I highly recommend using an external drive with an outboard power supply (wall wart) for trouble-free recording.

Just my experience.

D.

Profile photo of Warren
    Warren
    Participant

Yes, this was a previous known working stick. And yes, I have tried using different sticks. Another one of my audio techs was the first to share with me that his backup stick was not being read by the SQ.

So if the USB data port on the top of the SQ console will not recognize any stick, how can I backup or do a firmware update?

And I am not trying to “record” onto this stick. I just want to do scene/show backups onto the stick.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

“And I am not trying to “record” onto this stick. I just want to do scene/show backups onto the stick.”

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I use SanDisk sticks for SQ data and have never had an issue.

Maybe your USB port is broken?

D.

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Mixpad can do Backups,Firmware ist Not possible.

Best Regards.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.