USB B and raw signal

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions USB B and raw signal

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 4 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dado
    Dado
    Participant

Hi guys once again, I hope everyone is doing fine…
    I was wondering if this is possible:
    I have a scene preset for my band on our qu16 and the scene is pretty much loaded with …everything… compressor, gate, fxes, eq, etc…
    Now, I tried recording via USB B (with Presonus Studio One on my computer) and while multitrack recording goes fine, I ended up preferring a fresh scene with zero fxes, no eq, no nothing…when recording drums, for example.

So, my question is, can I use the scene that has all the fxes loaded while playing drums, but, somehow route untouched/raw signal from channels thru USB B into the computer? And how? )

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Set the USB Audio from direct out, and set the direct out to “Post Preamp” ( this is a global setting for all channels). Also set follow fader and follow mute as you want them – Probably both off.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

You can also set it to “Insert Send”. “Direct Out” set to “Post Preamp” is the same as “Insert Send” with the added benefit of boosting gain by an additional 10db using the Trim setting (for those complaining about low recording levels).

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Mark and Gary’s set up will give you dry direct channel by channel
    multirack recordings.

If you wanted to record stem mixes of different groups of instruments or something
    like back up vocals you would need to use separate mix for those channels and set that mix up in the USB IO patch.

Profile photo of Dado
    Dado
    Participant

Alright, thanks, hopefully I will be able to find all this 🙂

Profile photo of Dado
    Dado
    Participant

I managed to find this, but no luck recording the raw signal…
    It is still getting all the fxes with it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Dado, on that screen you show in the photo, press the button that says “Direct Out”. It will change to “Insert Send”. This will record only the “raw” channel levels. Just make sure your gain levels for each channel are set correctly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.