URGENT – no network link – please help! concert this evening :-(

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting URGENT – no network link – please help! concert this evening :-(

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of owai
    owai
    Participant

hello,

the network link doesn’t work anymore. When i plug an ethernet cable from my router, the little led doesn’t light up, the router doesn’t “see” any device connected, the mixer doesn’t update the DHCP settings…

as if the cable was broken… but i tried 3 different cables, 2 routers… and i know these are ok.

when i plug a cable inside the “DSsnake”, the lights are on. but this is not what i want! I want to connect my ipad + a few QU-You apps… for this evening’s concert!

I tried to downgrade the firmware to 1.6, 1.8,… but this changed nothing so i put back the 1.9

I anyone has an idea, I would be very glad!

thanks

Johan

Profile photo of owai
    owai
    Participant

hello again!

i just fixed it!

🙂

on of the small metal pins inside the ethernet connector was bend and not in the right place in the “comb”

i guess i put the usb cable inside the ethernet connector one day and this is why…

maybe this can help someone else…

hurraaaaa!!

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I just looked inside mine with a flashlight. Never thought about it till now but yes -those small wires look quite delicate – especially if pushing a cable in there that shouldn’t go there!… Thank you for sharing, as this kind of thing is easily done when rushing or simply not thinking.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Don’t force things into the wrong holes!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yup
    The USB will fit into the ethernet port on an angle without force if you are leaning over the desk!
    And that is the exact result you experenced… not saying thats what you did. 😐
    However I know from experience and not proud of it.

Profile photo of owai
    owai
    Participant

héhé… thank you all for you comments 🙂

my mixer is hung vertically and i don’t see very well what’s on top…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Try a mirror 😐

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or plug extension cables in before it’s hung, and leave them connected…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.