Tap point. Mix send pre mute?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Tap point. Mix send pre mute?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Pete Pete 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Pete
    Pete
    Participant

Hi folks. Sorry to ask a simple question, I did a web and forum search but no luck.
    We use a Qu-pac in church with iPad and also Android Mixing Station software. The band use mix 1-4 as foldback. It works well.

If we mute the band via mute group we lose the foldback, and that’s not good sometimes.

So: is it possible to set the mix send tap point before the mute, so it always stays live?

Cheers. Pete

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Channel mutes will mute everything from that channel. This includes all mix busses. The mute group is likely muting the individual channel busses, thus muting the monitors.

One solution would be to create a stereo group, and send all of the items that are part of the mute group to that stereo group and, then send that group to the LR mix. Now mute that stereo group instead of the source channels. This will mute the FOH, while still passing the audio to the monitors. Be careful of effects when doing this, make sure that the FX returns for the items being muted are also muted.

Profile photo of Pete
    Pete
    Participant

Thanks for that Scott.

I was afraid that was the deal. I will rig up the stereo group idea and see how it looks and sounds this week.

Cheers

Pete

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.