T112. Can’t get external screen to work. White Screen of death.

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting T112. Can’t get external screen to work. White Screen of death.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DeweyDewey
    Participant

I had to replace the battery on my computer. My model had a holder you can pop the battery out and put in a new one. I restart the unit, but I just get the white screen. I am tried hooking up and external screen and I get no output to the external screen.

Any hints on what to try next?

Participant

Adding follow up notification.

Profile photo of RodRod
    Participant

After you replace the battery, you have to fix your BIOS settings because they’ve gone back to default.

Plug in an external monitor and a keyboard, and hold down the Delete key while powering your surface. Set Display Device to CRT + LCD panel type. Set Resolution to 800×600 18 bit. It should work on restart.

Profile photo of RodRod
    Participant

There is a detailed set of instructions in a post from a couple days ago about changing the battery, take a look at that, there msy be other BIOS settings to change as well.

Participant

I saw that post, but when I hold down the delete key on the USB keyboard or the F8 or F2 nothing happens. I don’t get any image out to the external monitor. I cannot get a bios screen at all.

There is power getting to the internal computer and when the iLive surface is powered up, I see the network connection start blinking that is coming from the computer. Those are the only lights I see.

Participant

I would imagine if I plugged in a usb keyboard I would get power to the keyboard and the num lock and cap lock lights would come on. I don’t seem to be getting any power out even though I know there is power getting to SBC. It seems like the SBC needs to be turned on.

Profile photo of RodRod
    Participant

Ugh. Suddenly I’m in the same boat. After taking apart and reassembling my T112, my SBC seems to not work at all, like you said, no power to the USB keyboard and no signal to the monitor. I thought the exact same thing – it felt like the SBC needs to be turned on. I’m wishing I hadn’t fixed what wasn’t that badly broke.

Somebody help!

Participant

Anybody have any suggestions?

Profile photo of fender_jazz_72fender_jazz_72
    Participant

Can you let me know which SBC you have? When I repaired mine I had to use one of the pins on the SBC to start the computer part of it. It’s essentially the same as a motherboard header on a reguar desktop PC board.

Participant

If you’ve got the Fujitsu board then have a look for the Front Panel Connector, on mine I needed to short pins 8 & 6 together & that booted the SBC. After that it’s a case of going into the bios & putting att the settings back to where they should be.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Here is my computer. I think it is a Fujitsi but more updated.

Participant

I think my computer is a Fujitsi. Possibly a newer one. Here is a picture.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of RodRod
    Participant

Dewey – that is the Fujitsu SBC. Try what fender_jazz_72 recommended.

I have the Axiomtek 1.5Ghz SBC. Is there any info on trying to get mine to boot up?

I got through a weekend festival with no SBC by using my laptop and the new Mixing Station iLive app. It was rough but I got through it.

Participant

Surely I can make it through using the Edit software and mixing station, but you can do any reconfiguring of the surface without the computer working.

Participant

Hey Dewey,
    Did you get any further with my suggestion above?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.