T-80 channel lcd text unreadable

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting T-80 channel lcd text unreadable

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of as audio as audio 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PatrickPR1986
    PatrickPR1986
    Participant

Hi all,

I revert to this forum with all it’s precious knowledge because I’m clueless about a weird problem I encounter. I’ve got an iLive T-80 Surface with a iDR-32 MixRack from a fellow sound guy to fix. I’ve searched the internet and also this forum for similar issues, but found nothing that could get me to the right solution.

The problem is that all the channel LCD screens suffer from unreadable text. I’ve attached some photo’s to indicate the problem. As you can see, only the text fields and the pan-bar are messed up. All the other labels which are switched on/off (such as Stereo, CH fader ON, DCA) are not affected. Also, all the labels are displaying correctly on the touch screen and the rest of the surface is working without any issues.

What I have tried:
    – Check the firmwares, the iLive is running the latest 1.94 firmware;
    – Swapped positions of the 004-056JIT channel LCD boards. Although the surface remembers which board goes where, the result was the same;
    – Swapped positions of the ribbon cables on the controller PCB, the same result;
    – Fiddled with the ribbon cable that attaches the actual LCD-screens to the 004-056JIT board. This did not indicate a problem with this connection. And it would be very miraculous that all the screens have the same malfunction.

Because the text on all the screens is affected, I suspect that there is something going wrong in the actual control of the LCD’s. So I did some further digging.

– Removed the controller PCB from the housing to visually check for errors. The only thing I can notice is that the 2,4 Volt 2/V80H battery is leaking. No bulging capacitors spotted;
    – Tested the board with the basic connections and one ribbon cable with the 004-056JIT boards;

At this point I’m stuck what is going on and I’m asking the people on this forum for help. What is causing this issue and what can I do to resolve it? Many thanks in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of as audio
    as audio
    Participant

display da sostituire purtroppo, si rovinano i flat di collegamento lcd scheda

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.